ISP Buddy Exchange
This programme permits one-month exchanges for students between 14 and 17 years of age between members of the International Schools Partnership ISP around the world.
BEP offers them a unique experience of international education and culture, enabling students to develop their language skills, to experience personal growth and make new friends with students from different countries.
It is an experience that guarantees students will have incredible and varied learning opportunities in safe and protected surroundings.
The exchange students acquire learning skills from the real world and become more independent: the plan and preparation for their trip, living in a new home with a new support family, with the possibility of thriving in a new learning environment, doing projects tailored to the student’s capacity for learning and comprehension, receiving daily support and guidance from friends and students in their new school…
The students will enjoy a memorable international learning and cultural experience to develop their language skills, to express their ideas in a different way, to share good practices and make long-lasting friends around the world.
- Unique international life experience.
- For students aged between 14 and 17.
- Exchange lasting one month.
- Reciprocal exchanges between ISP students.
- The families taking part in the Buddy Exchange must host their exchange student in their home.
- Four students per school in the academic year 2019/20.
BEP offers students an infinite variety of new and fascinating learning opportunities. We want to make sure that students are aware of all the experiences we make available for them to make the most of their time in the BEP. We shall now highlight some of the learning goals of BEP learning.
With the right mindset and attitude, Buddy Exchange Programme students can:
- Learn more about schools in another country within a different educational system.
- Learn about the geography, history and culture of the exchange country.
- Develop a wide variety of personal skills such as: communication, independence, organization and self-confidence.
- Become more aware of what it means to be a citizen of the world. Be more aware of cultural differences and understand some of the challenges facing other countries and cultures, at national and local level.
Due to the postponement of all our International Learning Opportunities caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, we started our ISP Virtual Exchange Programme (VBEP).
The Virtual Buddy Exchange Programme allows ISP students to meet up and connect despite the current situation and restrictions on travel. The programme is open to 4 students per school, between the ages of 14 and 17, as a way to continue building relations between the schools that are part of the International Schools Partnerships.
For more information visit https://www.internationalschoolspartnership.com/isp-buddy-exchange-programme/